We love our volunteers
We need volunteers! If you can help for about 2 hours once a month, we have a wonderful jobs at our Mobile Pantries available. In North Port at Cranberry Elementary, Apr 5 & May 3 starting at 3:45 pm – Russian/Ukrainian translators would really help. In Sarasota at Booker Middle School, Apr 3 & May 1 starting at 2:45 pm. Please email Heather at email@example.com
There are many ways you can help us provide healthy solutions to end hunger. Please email Heather Cline at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 941-549-8156 to learn about volunteer opportunities for individuals or groups. Please note that anyone 15 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Thank you for all you do.
We have the happiest volunteers around! More than 3,500 generous individuals, corporate groups, clubs, students, and faith-based organizations help us sort and distribute 8 million pounds of food each year. We invite you to help at our warehouse or by attending food distributions working directly with clients throughout Sarasota and DeSoto Counties. We couldn’t do our work without our volunteers and we are grateful everyday for their support.
During the holiday season, families and groups may schedule time to come in and help. We love having you but PLEASE don’t just show up because we want to make sure that we are ready for you and that helping us is a rewarding activity. Contact Heather Cline email@example.com or call 941-549-8156. Let us know if you have a specific schedule or program that interests you.
How would you like to make a difference in the lives of hungry children and their families? These are some options to consider when deciding what you think you would enjoy as a valued volunteer:
- Sorting donated food in our 20,000 square foot warehouse
- Helping families select food to take home at one of our Mobile Pantry stops throughout Sarasota and DeSoto Counties
- Providing fresh fruits and veggies to visitors of one of our Sprout Route stops
- Corporate Team Building – a great experience to help others while helping your team
- Clerical – as needed, for the flexible schedule
- Internship in our Nutrition Education or Marketing Department
- Growing Healthy Kids – helping us teach preschoolers about healthy food
- School Pantry – students and their parents come to the pantry at their school regularly (2-3 hours weekly or bi-monthly) for food to take home
- Cooking Matters – Help teach all ages to cook, shop and eat with health, budget and nutrition in mind. (2 hour classes per location for 6 weeks)